Better Economics over the Long Haul
While some types of roofing may have lower initial costs, the true costs of a roofing system are measured over its total life cycle. These include maintenance and repair costs, energy savings, and tear-off and disposal costs. Clearly, economics is a very important criterion for building owners, and High-Performance Roofing systems must be economical if they are to become viable, real-world options.
A Duro-Last Cool Zone roofing system delivers excellent life-cycle economics. Key benefits include:
- Reduced installation costs through custom factory prefabrication
- Low maintenance and repair costs
- Protection from interior damage costs through leak-proof performance
- Elimination of extended warranty costs
- Savings incurred through reduced energy consumption, and related rebates or incentives
The following example compares the life-cycle costs of a High-Performance Roofing system in this case, a prefabricated white PVC single-ply with popular black EPDM and BUR systems for a fully-warranted, 50,000 square-foot re-roof. This example comparison clearly demonstrates the impact that an energy-efficient, High-Performance Roof can have over time.